Trop-NET processing strategy
Several aspects need to be particularly considered for near real-time (NRT) GNSS troposhere monitoring:
- High efficiency of low-latency GNSS processing.
- Long-term receiver coordinate stability and their consistency with actual troposphere estimate.
- System robustness with minimum manual interventions.
The Trop-NET system uses various strategies to support above features. The system uses as much as short data batches in order to minimize the processing redundancy, however, still providing a highly robust solution. The robustness is also supported for estimating consistently and efficiently coordinates and tropospheric parameters within a single process. The following features are characteristics for the Trop-NET:
- 4-hour data processing window (1-2 hours were used effectively in the period of 1999-2009)
- adaptable network clustering
- dynamic parallelization of all procsesing steps
- all parameters estimated using optimal stacking of previous solutions (NEQs) in temporal and spatial domains
- many integrated control points supporting elimination of various problems
- flexible configuration and input orbit product utilization
- self-supporting strategy based on raw GNSS data and precise global products only
- self-initalization and automatic update of site coordinats
- tropospheric product filtering